In WA, you are protected by our system of employment law. This means that you are entitled to:
- not be unfairly dismissed or have your contract dismissed;
- be paid your due entitlements;
- have your employment contract fulfilled;
- not be bullied, discriminated against or harassed in the workplace;
- have equal opportunity in your employment;
- have minimum leave and wage requirements; and
- be protected by minimum occupational safety and health requirements.
If you believe that your employer has failed to provide you with something guaranteed to you under employment laws, you can get in contact with the Employment Law Centre of WA for general advice on 1300 130 956 or (08) 9227 0111 between 8:30am and 5:00pm on Mondays or Thursdays, or between 8:30am and 7:30pm on Tuesdays. Alternatively, you can contact the Fair Work Ombudsman on 13 13 94 between 8:00am and 5:30pm on weekdays. For more information, especially relating to different protections depending on your full-time, part-time, casual or other employment status, visit https://www.fairwork.gov.au/employee-entitlements.